Wednesday, April 16, 2014

What shall I paint?

Last summer I offered up a little prayer asking for inspiration for ideas on subjects to paint.  The next thing I knew one of my artist friends was showing me her lovely bright colored watercolor rooster.  I have never painted a rooster before but I thought "it might be fun".  Several weeks later I saw a book at Home Depot  on "How to Raise Chickens".  While thumbing through the book I saw several roosters.  This lead me to a purchase, and after returning home my first sketch of a rooster was done.  It took me several tries before my proportions were right, then I was one to color and background.  Each new painting got better and better.  From there I went to humming birds and even a falcon.  My last bird painting was a quail. I don't know if birds are out of my system but I sure did have a good time.  

The interesting thing is that the first painting I worked on last summer were two parrots.  I let it drop and worked on several landscapes before offering up my little prayer.  

I guess the message here is "go with the flow and your inner feelings".

I've also posted other new paintings on my new website.

No comments: